The Slovenian Institute for Vocational Education and Training is a public institution founded by the Government of the Republic of Slovenia and co-founded by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia and the Chamber of Craft and Small Business of Slovenia in 1995.
As the central national development and research institution in the field of vocational and technical education as well as training, the Institute influences the quality of lifelong learning.
Main areas of Institute operation:
- studying development trends in the labour market and preparation of occupational standards in cooperation with labour market
- development of methodologies and preparation of modern, module-based education programmes for VET,
- monitoring the process of the introduction of education programmes, evaluation of final examinations and vocational matura and development of new methodical and didactical concepts of knowledge, learning and teaching,
- training and improvement of knowledge in teachers, professionals and mentors in the framework of vocational and technical education, and provision of professional support and counselling to providers of vocational and technical education,
- participation in professional organisations and EU networks dealing with vocational education,
The following organisations operate within the Slovenian National Institute for Vocational Education and Training:
- National Reference Point (NRP)
- Slovenian Quality Assurance Reference Point for vocational education and training – SIQAVET
- National Europass Centre
- National Observatory of Slovenia
- National Coordination Point (NCP) for the European Qualifications Framework (EQF) in Slovenia
The Institute also acts as a national coordinator for the European TT-net network as well as the national representative for Euroskills.